[Rough Draft]

A weblog about god, doubt, insomnia, culture, baseball

3.11.2009

Paul Soupiset's Lentblog 2007

Been so busy the past few days that I've had no time to think of posting anything, just to work, be a family man, pray when I can. I remember two Lents ago I was just as busy, but every day I looked forward to opening my laptop and clicking over to the next entry in the "Lentblog" of Paul Soupiset. In fact, Paul's the reason I carry an extra Moleskine and a small set of Faber-Castell water-colours in my bookbag, although I never get to use them (I do have some things I painted when I was on my pre-ordination retreat -- likely the last time I'll ever have blocks of hours when I have nothing to do but pray, think and paint -- that I'll never, ever show you).

Right-brained, left-brained, whatever you are, whatever moves you -- If you're busy this Lent, too busy to pray much or to make it to mass even, you should click through those old sketches. Time well spent.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I forgot about this! Thanks for the reminder.

    That you carry around a moleskine and watercolors made me smile -- even if you never show me. Lenten discipline: take time to pray, think, and paint. Kind of ironic that the professional God people do less of that than we laity do to a high degree.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
WWW [rough draft]