[Rough Draft]

A weblog about god, doubt, insomnia, culture, baseball

10.30.2007

O, fie upon thee, Shelfari

An open letter to all my (former) friends:

Please accept my sincerest apologies for inviting you, along with all the other 600+ people in my gmail address book, to join shelfari. I had no intention of inviting anybody to do anything of the sort. I haven't the time to read all the emails I got yesterday that were some permutation of: "Dude, why in the world did you send invites to some book thing to all 4 of my email addresses? What the f*#@ were you thinking??" Suffice it to say, I was just surfing around, exploring the website, when suddenly I was tricked into inviting everyone I know to join up. It shall not happen again. Or @ least I hope not.

Sincerely,

Sammy

p.s. You should really sign up for Facebook and use the Books iRead app, though. It's the awesomest. Trust me.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Dave Hanley said…

    Hi Sammy,

    Sounds like you didn't mean to invite everyone you sent invites to.

    Would you drop me a note on Shelfari so I can block the reminder we send out in a few days?

    Thanks,

    Dave from Shelfari

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Dave Hanley said…

    Sammy,

    We just posted a fairly detailed description of what was going wrong with our invitation process on Shelfari and how we fixed it last week.

    This doesn't help you or your 600 friends, but it is fixed now.

    Give it a read and tell me what you think:

    http://shelfari.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/11/invitation-desi.html

    --Dave

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So are ordained priests beyond the blogosphere???

    Get back on the wagon for all our sakes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
WWW [rough draft]